[gdal-dev] vrt removes transparent pixels?

Wendell Turner wendell at enflight.com
Tue Apr 6 16:49:21 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 01:59:35AM +0530, Chaitanya kumar CH wrote:
> Wendell,
>
> Can you provide the exact commands you used?

  wget http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/RadarImg/centgrtlakes_radaronly.gif
  gdal_translate -of VRT centgrtlakes_radaronly.gif foo.vrt
  cp centgrtlakes_radaronly.gif test.gif
  gdal_translate foo.vrt test.gif

  gimp centgrtlakes_radaronly.gif test.gif

Also, I notice that the test.gif file is about ten times the
size of the original one.

Thanks,

Wendell