[gdal-dev] getcolortable is null

weixj2003ld weixj2003ld at 163.com
Wed Apr 7 21:15:42 EDT 2010

Thk u for your detail reply.
1.Now,I have a DEM(.img) file,and its band number is 1.When I use 'gdal_translate  -b 1 -of  PNG old.img new.png' to create a png file(I think its contains height map infomation,is it?).the error 'Warning 6:PNG driver doesn't support data type Int16.Only eight bit<Byte>' and sixteen bit<Uint16> bands supported.Defaulting to Byte.
2.When I use 'gdal_translate -b 1 -of JPEG old.img new.jpg',the error 'JPEG doesn't support data type Int16. Only eight and twelve bit bands supported<Mk1 libjepg>'

happy every day.