AW: [gdal-dev] Re: ogr2ogr BeTA2007 grid

Schmitz, Uwe uwe.schmitz at bezreg-koeln.nrw.de
Wed Apr 14 07:33:58 EDT 2010

Tilo,

> > ogr2ogr -s_srs "+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=9 +k=1 +y_0=0
> +ellps=bessel
> > +nadgrids=BETA2007.gsb" -t_srs EPSG:25832 target.shp source.shp
>
> I used the parameters instead, but it didn't work either. In
> fact, I think it doesn't matter since ogr2ogr looks up the
> same parameters in its EPSG file and converts the whole
> string to WKT anyway. So the result should be the same.
>
> Any other thoughts?

please try to verify that the grid is read.
Therefore set the environment variable
PROJ_DEBUG before running ogr2org, e.g. (Windows cmd):

set PROJ_DEBUG=1

Then you see if the grid is accessed at all.

FYI, here is my setup for transforming coordinates
with cs2cs from german "Gauss-Krueger stripe 3/DHDN" to
"UTM Zone 32N/ETRS89"):

cs2cs \
      +proj=tmerc \
      +lat_0=0 \