AW: [gdal-dev] Re: ogr2ogr BeTA2007 grid

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Apr 14 16:00:07 EDT 2010

Tilo,

The EPSG database, at least as transformed in GDAL .CSV files (I can't say for
the original one) never includes grid, so if you want one grid to be used,
you can't simply specify EPSG:XXXX but you have to use the full expanded
proj.4 string with +nadgrids=   +wktext

As you noted, it is essential to add the +wktext parameter. Quoting
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/classOGRSpatialReference.html#f1a29550373c2c14bd11514641e58e7c :

"Some parameters, such as grids, recognised by PROJ.4 may not be well
understood and translated into the OGRSpatialReference  model. It is possible
to add the +wktext parameter which is a special keyword that OGR recognises
as meaning "embed the entire PROJ.4 string in the WKT and use it literally
when converting back to PROJ.4 format"."

As you, I'm also skeptical about the suggestion of the wheregroup.com PDF. As
far as I know and could test, "EPSG:31466
+nadgrids=/Daten/etrs89/./BETA2007.gsb" is just interpreted as plain
EPSG:31466 by GDAL/OGR.

Best regards,

Even