[gdal-dev] ColorInterp, Scale, Offset etc VRT to TIFF

Andrew Brooks arb at sat.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Apr 15 12:04:20 EDT 2010

Hello

My first problem is that when I set ColorInterp in a VRT file it works
(gdal_info reports the colour interpretation for each band) but when I
convert to GeoTIFF the information is lost (gdal_info shows Undefined
for all but the first band).  Is that a bug or is tiff not capable of
representing it?

Also I can't set ColorInterp (or Scale, Offset, NoDataValue) in a VRT
programmatically using the code as shown in the tutorial:

  papszOptions = CSLAddNameValue(papszOptions, "subclass", "VRTRawRasterBand");
  papszOptions = CSLAddNameValue(papszOptions, "SourceFilename", "x.dat");
  papszOptions = CSLAddNameValue(papszOptions, "ByteOrder", "LSB");        // this WORKS
  papszOptions = CSLAddNameValue(papszOptions, "ColorInterp", "Red");      // this is IGNORED

Andrew