[gdal-dev] Re: KyngChaos Frameworks: GDAL's numpy vs Enthought's numpy

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 19 14:27:05 EDT 2010

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> If you need to use GDAL with some other python module that uses
> numpy, in the same script, or in the same session, this could still
> be a problem.

yup -- that simply won't work

> maybe importing the other module before gdal would
> work.

I don't think that will work either, unless you are right, and GDAL only
uses the Python API -- I don't think that's the case, though --don't you
need numpy to compile the GDAL bindings?

You could probably figure out a way to import both numpys separately,
and then pass arrays back and forth using array.view(), but that would
get ugly really fast!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov