[gdal-dev] MapInfo TAB append issue

King, Ross rsking at geomatic.com.au
Mon Apr 19 18:55:58 EDT 2010

I'd say that's because OGR will use the drivers in order to 'guess'
which driver to use to open the directory. I thought that the MapInfo
driver was only read/write (ie no incremental update), so maybe it's
dismissing the "MapInfo File" declaration as it's not able to append?
You could try explicitly specifying the MapInfo file
'C:\Output\states.tab', rather than just using the directory.

Cheers

Ross