[gdal-dev] Re: Compiling in Embarcadero's CBuilder

Philippe Vachon philippe at cowpig.ca
Wed Apr 21 22:02:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've committed a fix (r19493) that will disable the use of the new GDALCopyWords implementation. The old and new implementations are functionally equivalent, but the new implementation is in some cases 5-10x faster than the old implementation. However, there is no problem with disabling it and affecting the functionality of GDAL.

For future reference, if you hit a bug in GDAL, one of the best ways to get developer attention is to file a bug report on the GDAL Trac website (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/newticket), but this first requires creating an OSGeo account at http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid.

Cheers,
Philippe