[gdal-dev] how to use docs?

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Tue Apr 27 00:03:44 EDT 2010

Randy,

Randy wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>> The GDAL docs that you created with "make docs" is basically a copy of what you have on gdal.org in
>> html format generated by Doxygen. You can also run "make man" and "make install-man" if that helps.
> Then how do I use this docs file,can I use it in Devhelp or "man" some function in terminal? I find it still doesn't work after
> "make man" and "make install-man".
> Thanks a lot!

I am not familiar with Devhelp and I unaware that GDAL uses it. From what I saw on Wikipidea it
looks like an interesting resource but do you know if it can be integrated with Doxygen? Does it
process the same JavaDoc style annotation? If that is true I think there is a change that we might
auto generate Devhelp by running a script or something like that.

Best regards,

Ivan