[gdal-dev] How to pick on file from a VRT ?

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 09:19:27 EDT 2010

Vincent,

The simplest way is to build the vrt using gdalbuildvrt with the option
'-vrtnodata'. Any pixel with no data(including areas with no files) will
have the value specified with that option. Refer to
http://www.gdal.org/gdalbuildvrt.html

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Vincent Honnet <
vincent.honnet at external.thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to do something like a picking on a vrt.
> Let me explain:
> I have vrt's from GTiff files but there is some holes, areas where there
> isn't any data.
> From an area defined by its coordinates I would like to get the information
> if this area is pointing on a file or not, or at least on data or not.
> Is there a way to do that ? I'm using GDal 1.7.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,
>
> Vincent

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/