[gdal-dev] Error while Warping GTiff to EPSG3763

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 29 10:37:10 EDT 2010

Franz Schiller wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I've been using GDAL for a while without any major issues or
> difficulties. But, now I'm facing a difficulty with a gdalwarp
> operation. And i hope that someone can help me or giving me a few tips:
> I'm trying to do this: Converting a Geotiff to a EPSG 3763 (Portuguese
> Coordinate system)
> gdalwarp -t_srs 'EPSG:3763' ROI_QB_MUL_2.tif out.tif
>
> And I get this:
> ERROR 1: Too many points (441 out of 441) failed to transform,
> unable to compute output bounds.

Franz,

I constructed an input file that is fairly similar to yours and tried
a similar warp and did not encounter this problem.  Can you make your file
available for me to test with?  I suspect there is a problem with the way
your software is setup. Perhaps the coordinate system dictionary is not
being found.

You might get more information if you enable debug output:

   gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:3763 ROI_QB_MUL_2.tif out.tif --debug on