[gdal-dev] OGR SQL Parser/Evaluator Overhaul

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 2 08:00:10 EDT 2010

Chaitanya kumar CH wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Can you list the statements supported by the WHERE clauses, like LIKE,
> IN and BETWEEN?

Chaitanya,

The comparison operators supported in WHERE clauses are =, <, >, <=,
 >=, LIKE, IN.   BETWEEN is not supported.  This is unchanged from the
existing implementation.

> Is there a way to force through the SQL statement to the underlying
> database driver if required?

Generally speaking SQL statements will be passed through to the RDBMS
where available.  OGR SQL is intended to be the "fallback implementation".
I will note that at least some RDBMS providers support passing
"OGRSQL" as the dialect to use the OGR SQL implementation instead of the
one associated with the RDBMS.  Of course, OGR SQL is almost always slower
than evaluating the SQL in the RDBMS.