[gdal-dev] gdaladdo and cubic resampling

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Aug 5 08:27:15 EDT 2010

Hi all

I have a question regarding the resampling modes for the gdaladdo utility. Since the overviews are used by Mapserver afterwards, I ran some tests with a map file referencing the Tiff image and the shp2img tool to output the results.

I found the gauss resampling smoothening the image a bit too much. Therefore I wanted to try the "cubic" resample method using the GDAL version included in FWTools 2.4.7 (1.7.0b2), but to me it looks like that this does not have any effect compared to "nearest" resampling. Does anybody have a clue why? Command used was

gdaladdo -ro  -r cubic  image.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64

Thanks in advance for any help
Armin

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl