[gdal-dev] unable to append data to orale spatial

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:14:01 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I inserted a shape file in oracle 11g, now I have another shape file
with exactly same attributes, I`m using the -append option but it
seems the new shapefile wont get appended to the table, there seems to
be some problem related to the spatial index because data in both
shape files does not come under same spatial extent, is there anyway
to tell gdal not to create spatial index when data is being inserted
and when all the data has been inserted we create the spatial index
manualy?

regards,
Imran

--