[gdal-dev] Create copy without any bands

Tim Keitt tkeitt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 12:21:22 EDT 2010

I am writing a utility that takes a raster as input and outputs a
raster with all attributes the same, except that I only want one
output band and I want to specify its type independent of the data
type in the input file. Is there a function that creates a copy of a
dataset (or creates a virtual dataset), but does not copy any raster
bands? This would really simplify things as all I would have to do is
add a band to the output dataset of the desired type.

THK

--
Timothy H. Keitt
http://www.keittlab.org/