[gdal-dev] Large NITF generation

Greg Coats gregcoats at mac.com
Wed Aug 25 20:42:24 EDT 2010

In a well documented test, I found that gdal_translate processing of a 675 MB image with --config GDAL_CACHEMAX 40 took 10,473 seconds, while processing with --config GDAL_CACHEMAX 45 was 63 times faster!, taking only 166 seconds. However, further increases in the GDAL_CACHEMAX did not effect processing times. A table and a graph of the results of my test are available at http://homepage.mac.com/gregcoats/jp2.html#GDAL_CACHEMAX
Greg