[gdal-dev] default to 'interleave=band'?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Mon Aug 30 08:51:37 EDT 2010

  Hi,

is there a way to have gdal (utilities and library interfaces, notably
python) default to band interleaving instead of pixel interleaving when
writing geotiffs? I know this changed some time ago, but I'd rather have
the old behaviour as many of my scripts are based on delivering max
performance with band-interleaved files... Would it be possible to have
a gdal environment variable to override this, for example? I tend to
forget appending -co "INTERLEAVE=BAND" (or the option in my python
scripts), and then wonder why everything runs so slowly...

Regards,

Vincent.