[gdal-dev] ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 SDK v4.1

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Aug 30 13:05:18 EDT 2010

> Chaitanya started looking into it, but after contacting Erdas it turned out
> somewhere there was already working on GDAL updates for the new SDK.  I am
> not sure where that stands now, but I do have a client interested in
> having it incorporated so it *should* happen fairly soon.
the website /now says/
<http://www.erdas.com/tabid/84/currentid/1142/default.aspx>:/

//*Timesaving GDAL Integration*
Save time by accessing the ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 SDK via the Geospatial
Data Abstraction Library (GDAL) interface. By simply adding the SDK,
developers already using GDAL can easily provide ECW and JPEG2000 read
support in desktop applications (without having to learn an additional
toolkit).

/

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst