[gdal-dev] Python geometry.Transform() returns code 6

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Dec 9 12:20:48 EST 2010

On 12/9/2010 9:08 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> ERROR 1: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
 > I'm not sure why you did not see the error message I am seeing.

No idea here. Maybe an older version of this or that?

> I believe the problem is that your data (-110 longitude) is no where near
> the central meridian of your transverse mercator projection (+36
> longitude).

Hey, you're right; but this SRS should be valid for the whole world...
Or rather, it would be had it been entered correctly. This was the SRS
the user left behind, but apparently NOT the one they wanted. Oops.

I have swapped out the target SRS for the correct one, and now I get
properly mangled coordinates. Yay!

Thanks Frank.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."