[gdal-dev] Re: Gdal_translate, WMS source and own certificate

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Dec 21 14:15:31 EST 2010

Adam,

I also think it would be better if we had the same options for the WMS and WCS
drivers. I'm wondering if there's a reason for not turning off SSL verification
by default. I guess the SSL peer verification makes mostly sense for a web
browser where you could access some rogue site asking for your credit card
number, but for a online image service whose URL you must write in a XML file,
it's probably unnecessary and we could disable it unconditionnaly ?

Best regards,

Even