[gdal-dev] 1.8 Release - Need to move!

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 23 09:56:08 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Even Rouault
<even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:
> Selon Jean-Claude Repetto <jrepetto at free.fr>:
>
>> Le 22/12/2010 14:57, Even Rouault a écrit :
>>
>> > I'm not so sure there are many low-hanging fruits. The size of a patch
>> isn't
>> > necessary a proof of its correctness ;-) Perhaps you could help us and
>> indicate
>> > what tickets you believe to be appropriate for quick closing/patching ?
>> >

>> This is an example, at random : http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2664
>
> Hum, this ticket is a bit complicated from a process point of view. It involves
> mostly a change in libgeotiff. So only Frank can act on this one.

Jean-Claude,

I do not like to extend the projection method list for GeoTIFF format
without careful consideration and documentation.  In fact, it ought to
only be done by a process of agreement of the geotiff community.
So, I don't consider this an easy change at all.