[gdal-dev] Raster algebra with Gdal and Python

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:01:39 EST 2010

Hi again,

with your help I've fix problem with "integer overflow" and now I get
correct results.

Also I clean up my code for reduce memory usage but problem with large files is
remain. I have raster with size 11779*10663 and 5 bands. When I calculate NDVI
on Linux box (2 Gb RAM, 2Gb swap, GDAL 1.6.3) all works fine and I get correct
results.Peak memory consumption during this operation is 1900 Mb RAM and
300 Mb swap (monitored with htop).

When I run same code with same raster on Windows box (2 Gb RAM, swap size is
selected by OS ~1.3 Gb, GDAL 1.6.3) I get MemoryError. Peak memory consumption
during this operation is 600 Mb RAM and 700 Mb swap. I've try smaller
raster with size
8500*7600 pixels but get MemoryError too.

--
Alexander Bruy
mailto: alexander.bruy at gmail.com