[gdal-dev] wcs extraction

Bruno Binet bruno.binet at camptocamp.com
Thu Feb 4 06:12:13 EST 2010

Hi list,

I'm currently trying to use the wcs gdal driver to extract data from a
wcs service (mapserver), using a specfic projection, extent and
resolution.
I managed to extract the all dataset in the original projection, and
format (geotiff).
But I would like to be able to specify a value for the format, the
extent, the projection, and the resolution for the data to be
extracted.

Given the docs: http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wcs.html we can specify a
preferred format for extraction with the PreferredFormat element, but
what about projection, extent, and resolution?
Do we have to download the entire dataset and use gdal capabilities to
extract and reproject a subset of the downloaded data?
It would be great if it could be handled directly by mapserver.

Cheers,

Bruno

--
Bruno Binet