[gdal-dev] ODBC as OGR data source?

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 21:28:10 EST 2010

Gregor,

I don't think you can allocate a contiguous 4GB memory no matter how much
RAM you have.
I don't have any experience in using ODBC in GDAL. Let's hope someone else
with that experience sees this.
Send all the lines from the strace output. Meanwhile, see if you can work on
Windows. It may be an issue in unixODBC.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:30 AM, Gregor at HostGIS <gregor at hostgis.com>wrote:

> Well, some progress. Almost. :)
> I have upgraded to 1.7.0 and now  get a different error:
>

> $ ogrinfo ODBC:gregor/mosheh at testPgSQL table
> ERROR 2: CPLMalloc(): Out of memory allocating 4294967297 bytes.
>
> Yowch, 4 GB seems a bit steep. The PostgreSQL table itself is 5 rows, all
> points. Why would it want that much? I did try upping the RAM on the server,
> but I still get "Segmentation fault" The last few lines of strace output
> are:
>
> sendto(3, "Qselect ta.attname, ia.attnum fr"..., 275, MSG_NOSIGNAL, NULL,
> 0) = 275
> recvfrom(3, "Pblank\0T\0\2attname\0\0\0\0\23\0@\377\377\377\377attn"...,
> 4096, 0, NULL, NULL) = 69
> mmap(NULL, 4294971392, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1,
> 0) = 0x2ae075e57000
> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
> Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security
>   Network+   Server+   A+   Security+   Linux+
>   PHP   PostgreSQL   MySQL   DHTML/JavaScript/AJAX
>
> "No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/
+91-9848167848
17.241582N 80.142635E