[gdal-dev] Important - GDAL 1.7.0 - Imagine/HFA Driver Produces Corrupt Files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 4 23:49:16 EST 2010

Folks,

Ivan has discovered that GDAL 1.7.0 is producing HFA files that are
corrupt - that is they are only readable with GDAL.  Imagine and older
versions of ArcGIS fail to read them.  The problem is described in:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3382

I consider this problem very serious, and the longer that GDAL 1.7.0
is in use the more of these corrupt Imagine files will be produced and
cause problems for the world.  For that reason, I would like to press
ahead to produce a GDAL 1.7.1 release soon, and to mark GDAL 1.7.0 deprecated
due to this serious bug.  Does anyone feel this is overkill?

Are there any other high priority fixes folks would like to see in a GDAL 1.7.1
release?  I am thinking of preparing an RC on Monday if there is no objection.