[gdal-dev] Important - GDAL 1.7.0 - Imagine/HFA Driver Produces Corrupt Files

Matt Klaric matt at klaric.com
Fri Feb 5 10:52:35 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1.  Except for BigTIFF, the HFA driver is one of the consistent large
file drivers we have.  Instead of marking it deprecated, I think we should
retract the release (remove it from download.osgeo.org) and immediately
issue 1.7.1 RC1 today.  1.7.0 hasn't been disseminated that widely, and a
new release shouldn't be that disruptive to downstream packagers that are
just starting to incorporate 1.7.

+1    I would be in favor of a quick release on the new RC.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Greg Coats <gregcoats at mac.com> wrote:

> GDAL 1.7.0 is also not available to the Apple Mac OS X community from
> http://www.kyngchaos.com , and since GDAL 1.7.0 is being retracted, I
> doubt that GDAL 1.7.0 will ever be available to the Mac OS X community.

The source code paired with a compiler makes GDAL available to the Mac OS X
community: http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/

--matt