[gdal-dev] Motion: Promote GDAL/OGR 1.7.1RC1 to release and retract 1.7.0

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 8 15:02:23 EST 2010

Motion: The GDAL/OGR 1.7.1 RC1 release candidate is promoted to a full
release, and the GDAL/OGR 1.7.0 release is retracted due to the serious
bug with Erdas Imagine file creation (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3382)

---

Folks,

As previously discussed, I think bug 3382 is a serious regression in the 1.7.0
release, and I'd like to formally retract the release (as we did once previosly
with a release that introduced an ABI compatability problem). I have already
removed the source code from the servers and added notes that I anticipate this
release being released.

I'd also like to promote the 1.7.1 RC1 published today to be a final release
to replace 1.7.0 (as 1.7.1).

This motion will be open for 48 hours to allow testing of 1.7.1RC1 and to
consider the merits of my request.

Starting with:

+1 Frank