[gdal-dev] GDAL plugins based on meteosatlib

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Feb 14 09:09:52 EST 2010

Hello,

Yesterday released msat-gdal[1] which is a set of GDAL plugins based on
meteosatlib[2].

The development of msat-gdal came from taking meteosatlib (which I
maintain for work) and making it more useful by writing gdal drivers for
it. I did not explore the existing GDAL MSG and MSGN drivers, so I do
not know how it compares.

[1] http://meteosatlib.sourceforge.net/msat-gdal.html
[2] http://meteosatlib.sourceforge.net/

My intention is to keep maintaining it as an out of tree set of plugins,
because the drivers make strong assumptions about the images being
meteosat images.

Ciao,

Enrico

--