[gdal-dev] map2geojson

Johan Euphrosine proppy at aminche.com
Tue Feb 16 18:29:53 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 14:24 -0500, Rob Tozier wrote:

> I am working on building a webpage that uses maptiler to build a
> mapimage/webpage and wanted to add your code to it, which allows a
> clickable hotlink layer.  The goal I am trying to achieve is a webpage
> that has a boundary map on it.  When a user clicks on each individual
> county it opens another webpage in an iframe to the right of the map.
> By doing this it allows me to display any info I want regardless since
> it is loading another webpage in the iframe.  The language all of this
> is written in is new to me.  Any information you can give me on it
> would be great.

map2geojson.py is written in python, and could be used to convert html
<map> polygon definition into a geojson.

Openlayers is a javascript library which could be used to display the
tiles, and the geojson layer.

SelectFeature and "featureselected" event could be used with custom
javascript code to update the iframe url when a new feature is selected.

Let me know if you need more informations.

--
Johan Euphrosine <proppy at aminche.com>
Development and services around Free Software