[gdal-dev] Length method for geometries in bindings

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 09:40:21 EST 2010

Folks,

I added a Length() method for geometries into bindings. The method
re-dos a simple euclidean distance as the get_Length of OGR proper is
not exposed.

I hope this is ok. Length is in OGC SF with that name. However, the
standard specifies that the length should be in its associated spatial
reference and that's not the case here.

The method checks for geometry count and is recursive if count is > 0.
The syntax  OGRGeometryShadow_Length for calling the method itself works
in swig/Perl but I'm not sure about other languages. Could other swig
developers check?

Regards,

Ari