[gdal-dev] make install -- copy "shapefil.h" into the include dir

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Feb 25 14:29:45 EST 2010

Joaquim,

I'm not sure this is a good idea. Shapelib and its header file is an internal
dependency of GDAL/OGR and should probably remain as such. I'd note we made
recently necessary changes to some utilities (gdaltindex comes to mind) to
use OGR API and drop their explicit dependency to shapelib.

I'd note that, in some builds of GDAL, shapelib symbols embedded in the
Shapefile driver could even not be exported (for example if configure is run
with --with-hide-internal-symbols)