[gdal-dev] why ogr oracle connection is so slow?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:45:00 EST 2010

Thanks for your replies.
I've my pc down for maintanance, so I cannot give you quantitative
details at the moment.
Anyway, I haven't tested GeoRaster (as I don't have rasters on the
db). I've only made read-only tests through ogr2ogr (to export to
shapefiles) and the qgis ogr provider.
>From the words of Frank I suppose that the driver needs more tuning
and optimization for reading... I'm going to read 'Oracle Call
Interface Programmer's Guide' and 'Building High Performance
Drivers...' [1]

giovanni

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/pdf/building-best-drivers.v9.pdf