[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt absolute path work, relative paths do not work

Greg Coats gregcoats at mac.com
Tue Jan 5 18:11:39 EST 2010

I am running the 31 Dec 2009, Qgis version 1.4.0 Enceladus, code revision 12644, compiled for Mac OS X 10.6, downloaded from http://www.kyngchaos.com

The problem I am having is that while files created by GDAL 1.6.3, released 2009/11/19 gdalbuildvrt that include in the .vrt file absolute paths work fine
/Users/gregcoats/gis/dcuatest/GeoJPEG2000/18stj/18stj715050.jp2
when relative paths are used in the .vrt file, then the images are not found, and instead all black is drawn
../../GeoJPEG2000/18stj/18stj715050.jp2
Qgis accepts relative paths for images not in the gdalbuildvrt .vrt file.
I am seeking a work around solution for this problem.
Greg