[gdal-dev] gdalwarp and tif rotation parameters

Simon Hewitt simon.hewitt at keynetix.com
Wed Jan 6 06:03:50 EST 2010

Hey,

I was wondering if it was possible to use gdalwarp to convert a .tif file and .tfw file into a plain .tif file. I'm looking to use the rotation parameters in the .tfw file to rotate the image itself. I've managed to do this with a gif and gfw file into both gif and tif formats, however it doesn't seem quite as straightforward using a tif file as the source.

I'm using this command to create the tif from 1.gif + 1.gfw:

gdalwarp -s_srs EPSG:4326 -t_srs EPSG:4326 1.gif 1.tif

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon