[gdal-dev] ogr vfk and write access - Updates on 1.7.0 release plan

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Jan 6 14:27:35 EST 2010

Martin,

we are obviously late on the initial schedule... We aim at issuing
1.7.0-beta2 very soon, but as it is not issued yet, it still gives you
the opportunity to commit the driver if you're confident enough it won't
cause too much build problems. If so, please commit the code very soon.
Otherwise the next timeframe will likely be after the creation of the
1.7 maintenance branch, which would occur in, well, 2 weeks ?, after we
have issued the release candidates. At that point, trunk will then be
considered as 1.8dev and proper again for adding new features. (For the
period after beta2 and before 1.7 maintenance branch creation, I think
the policy is "feature freeze - fix only"). The 1.7.0 version should be
officialy released before end of January if everything goes well.

Best regards,

Even