[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.7.0 RC1 Available

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 19 23:46:25 EST 2010

Folks,

I have prepared a first release candidate for the GDAL/OGR 1.7.0 release.

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.7.0RC1.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal170RC1.zip

News at:

   http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/NEWS

Also docs and autotest suite:

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal170doc.zip
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdalautotest-1.7.0.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdalautotest-1.7.0.zip

The docs file now contains the Java docs (http://www.gdal.org/java)
which I'm embarrassed to admit I did not know existed.

I have also branched 1.7.  So new development can recommence in trunk, and
bug fixes should potentially be backported to the 1.7 and 1.6 branches
depending on severity and needs.

I would appreciate testing in the next few days, and I will hopefully call
for a vote to promote this RC to final release by early next week if no
serious problems show up shortly.