[gdal-dev] How to get Xerces Library support for OGR GML

vadi_nabble vadivelan_gi at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 21 08:04:05 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to execute the Program which is given in the
"http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_apitut.html" site...

In that program instead of "OGRRegisterAll();" function I am using
"RegisterOGRGML();" to read GML File and to export into comma sepearted
file...

Initally, while executing i was getting follwing errors:

ERROR 1: Unable to create Xerces C++ based GML reader, Xerces support not
configured into GDAL/OGR.
ERROR 1: File D:\out.gml appears to be GML but the GML reader can't be
instantiated, likely because Xerces support wasn't configured in.

Later I came to know that we have to include Xerces Library support to
overcome above error.

I included "xerces-c_3.lib" library and defined the Macro "HAVE_XERCES" in
Preprocessor option in VC++ 2008 Express IDE.

However, still I am getting 7 linking errors :

1>gmlreader.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
int __thiscall GMLReader::ParseXSD(char const *)"
(?ParseXSD at GMLReader@@UAEHPBD at Z)

1>gmlreader.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall GMLReadState::GMLReadState(void)" (??0GMLReadState@@QAE at XZ)
referenced in function __catch$?SetupParser at GMLReader@@AAEHXZ$0
.
.
.
.
.etc.

It seems that, i am still missing some library to be added for above
functions, Please let me know the missing Library.

Thanks.