[gdal-dev] 1.7.0 compile with MSVC 2008 fails on NITF

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 27 11:36:43 EST 2010

Jeff,

 I run into the same issue and my quick fix was to:
  - cd gdal-1.7.0/frmts/jpeg
  - nmake -f makefile.vc
  and come back to the the main gdal-1.7.0/ and continue with the build

The problem comes from the fact that jpeg12 needs to be build before
nitf (that is where files such as jpeglib.h are copied into the jpeg12
directory).

You could do that until it is fixed properly in the makefiles.

regards,

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to compile GDAL 1.7.0 with MSVC 2008, but for some reason
> my compile fails, when it seems to get to the 'nitf' format:
>
> **********************
> nitfwritejpeg_12.cpp
> d:\build\mapserver-buildkit-2008\gdal_1_7_0\frmts\nitf\nitfwritejpeg.cpp(40)
> : fatal error
>  C1083: Cannot open include file: '../../jpeg/libjpeg12/jpeglib.h': No
> such file or direct
> ory
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"'
> : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> **********************
>
> As the error states, the file jpeg/libjpeg12/jpeglib.h' does not exist
> (that directory only contains 2 files).
>
> I also don't see a "NITF" section in the /gdal/nmake.opt file.
>
> Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> -jeff

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca