[gdal-dev] C#: Retrieve boundary of coordinate system

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Mon Jul 5 03:05:55 EDT 2010

  Attacking GDAL via the C# interface and I have a question

Have set up two (Osr) SpatialReferences  and transformations to and form
both. One system is WGS84 and the other is unknown.

To get a consistent behaviour I need to retrieve the boundary, in WGS84
coordinates, of the unknown system. If known I can fallback on WGS84
when calls outside the scope of the coordinates system are made.
  Should be easy to read of some attribute of the SpatialReference or
alike. But which/how?

Any suggestions?

Or how should I solve it - in general words:
My application maps coordinates from and to WGS84 and serves them to
another via calls like PixelToGPS and GPSToPixel. The originating
coordinate system is always WGS84. Need to handle calls made outside the
scope of the coordinate system and my approach, to get a consisting
behaviour of the two functions, is to revert to WGS84 which is defined
at all possible points.

Yours
Tomas