Fwd: [gdal-dev] MYSQL Spatial Stored Procedure

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 03:31:08 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thomas Joseph <tom.joseph at awtwater.com>
Date: Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Subject: RE: [gdal-dev] MYSQL Spatial Stored Procedure
To: Chaitanya kumar CH <chaitanya.ch at gmail.com>

  Thanks for the rapid response.

The exact command I am using to test this:

ogrinfo.exe MySQL:spatial,host=awtak1s3,user=root,password=pass,port=3306
-sql "CALL sp_test(24);" –so

the stored procedure is very simple at the moment and looks like

DELIMITER $$

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `sp_test` $$

CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`%` PROCEDURE `sp_test`(iworkID int)

BEGIN

select shape from GIS_Nodes_WGS84 where workID = iworkID;

END $$

DELIMITER ;

The table GIS_Nodes_WGS84 is just a simple MyISAM table with a few columns,
OGR_FID as primary key, shape as wkb point geometry column, and workId
integer.

If I run orginfo with
MySQL:spatial,host=awtak1s3,user=root,password=pass,port=3306 -sql "select
shape from GIS_Nodes_WGS84 where workID = 24;" –so

It works as expected and returns info about the spatial data from the select
statement.

I know I could just use select statements but my application is slightly
more complicated and dynamic then the test and it would be good to be able
use a stored procedure so I could pass variables.

I am running windows XP with gdal 1.6.0.3.

I am suppose to post this back to the list ?

Let me know if you require any further information.