Re: [gdal-dev] GeoRaster: problem updating on predefined existing table

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Mon Jul 12 07:38:16 EDT 2010

Note that you didn't specify table & column so a table named "GDAL_IMPORT", column "RASTER" was created for you as default.

>  Then I have decided to use a predefined table.... and here the problems:
>
>  C:\>gdal_translate -of georaster  c:\tmp\map.png
>  georaster:geoserver/geoserver,MFDEVDB,geoserver.pasta

This command is missing the column name after "schema.table" so it is assuming column name "RASTER" as default. Does the table "pasta" existed before that command?

>  Input file size is 1014, 863
>  0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...100 - done.
>  Ouput dataset: (georaster:geoserver,geoserver,MFDEVDB,RDT_33$,33) on
>  PASTA,RASTER
>
>  C:\>gdal_translate -of georaster  c:\tmp\map.png
>  georaster:geoserver/geoserver,MFDEVDB,geoserver.pasta
>  Input file size is 1014, 863
>  ERROR 1: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
>  ORA-06512: at line 10
>
>  ERROR 1: Create Table Error!

Again, this command is missing the column name too, so I believe it is trying to re-create the table "Pasta" with column "RASTER". Whatever is happening is caused by the error on the command.

Please, see more info at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/spatial/htdocs/spatial_opensource.html

Regards.