[gdal-dev] Tkl/Tk files after running script through py2exe

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 20 15:21:45 EDT 2010

Rudi von Staden wrote:
> Since I can't guarantee that the users will have
> Python, I ran the script through py2exe.
>
> 1) The resulting distribution folder includes Tcl/Tk files and folders.
> I can only guess that these are used by GDAL in some way - are they
> required?

I'd be surprised that GDAL would use it at all, but in any case, if you
aren't using TK at all, you can probably strip take them out -- try it
out and see!

> 2) The package is also surprisingly large for such a simple function -
> nearly 30MB. I suppose that's to be expected, but is there a way to
> bring down the footprint, short of translating to C++?

You can do what you've done, and look for unnecessary stuff to remove,
but it'll be pretty big no matter how you slice it.

Fortunately, disk space, memory, and to a lessor extent, bandwidth, are
pretty cheap these days.

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov