[gdal-dev] Re: ogr2ogr OCI: problem loading shapes

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jul 26 13:08:31 EDT 2010

Sebastian E. Ovide <sebastian.ovide <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You are right...aften done it, still getting the oringinal error due to errors
in the geometries...now, If I import the same data using shp2sdo, I do NOT get
any error creating the index... the shape get imported and the index is
created... even if there are errors in the geometries...any ideas ?I know that I
could use shp2sdo as it is working... but it requires extra work (something like
5 command lines)... and as I'm using gdal for importing rasters, I'd like to use
it also for shapes...thanks again

There must be an error in some geometry imported into Oracle with ogr2ogr. The
same geometry is OK when imported with shp2sdo. I think that the only reasonable
thing to do is to find that geometry, see how it looks like in the original data
and when imported with shp2sdo. I believe it can also be imported till Oracle
with ogr2ogr by using option -lco INDEX=OFF. In that case there should be enough
information to find the reason for your issue.