Re: [gdal-dev] the format of satellite picture

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu Jul 29 23:46:39 EDT 2010

Sure. On GDAL website there is a link to supported format [1], from there you are going to find several raster formats. Some of those formats are used by satellite data provider to deliver remote sense images, some are software specific formats, some are DBMS type extensions, some are desktop and website picture format. And yes, GDAL can read the geographic coordinates from those raster formats.

Does it answer you question?

[1] http://gdal.org/formats_list.html

Best regards,

Ivan