[gdal-dev] Convert shp to gml file

jim hopper JAMES.E.HOPPER at saic.com
Tue Jun 1 15:50:14 EDT 2010

I used the following to do the conversion:

ogr2ogr -f GML test.gml test.shp

I got a file test.gml and test.xsd which appear to have the polygons and
geometry in them.  When I try to look at it with ogrinfo I get

ERROR 1: Unable to create Xerces C++ based GML reader, Xerces support
not configured into GDAL/OGR.
ERROR 1: File test.gml appears to be GML but the GML reader can't
be instantiated, likely because Xerces support wasn't
configured in.

But I did configure it in, and in fact ogr2ogr found support.

Is there some way that it can output GML and not read it because I messed
up the configure, or is there another reason besides not compiling in xml
that might cause this problem?

Best jim