[gdal-dev] Help with gdal_grid

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jun 3 16:43:26 EDT 2010

I'd be suprised that the produced GeoTIFF is "invalid". One possibility could
be that Mac preview and Geoserver cannot handle 64bit floating points
GeoTIFF, which is a far less common formulation than 8bit or 16bit GeoTIFF.
Or that they have certain requirements (for example you could try to specify
the SRS with -a_srs in case one of them requires it). I'm just guessing
randomly. Best should be to ask the mailing lists of those software.