[gdal-dev] Compiling GDAL --with-oci

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Fri Jun 4 03:05:18 EDT 2010

Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> El 04/06/2010 10:46, Mateusz Loskot escribió:
>> open config.log and locate bits related to "Oracle OCI"
>
> configure:25057: checking for Oracle OCI headers in
> /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/
> configure:25100: g++ -c
> -I/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/rdbms/public
> -I/usr/lib/
> ./configure: line 25101: g++: command not found
>
> Dammit.
>

> One "apt-get install g++"later , everything works as expected :-)

Hi Iván.

Just a reminder. Oracle Express Edition does not support SDO_GEOMETRY or SDO_GEORASTER but only
SDO_LOCATOR, so I don't think you are going to able to do much with GDAL. If you are planning to use
Oracle only for evaluation or for your own software development projects you can download and use
the full version without a purchase. Just download, install and start using it. But you cannot use
in production mode, managing large databases.

Regards,

Ivan