[gdal-dev] ESRI file geodatabase support

Ragi Burhum ragi at burhum.com
Wed Jun 9 18:30:55 EDT 2010

Eduardo:

Not sure what you mean, but the ArcObjects OGR driver is, well, an OGR
driver. So it exposes things through an OGR interface. However the
ArcObjects side of things requires an ESRI license to run.
I have been using this driver in a production environment to load data from
FileGDB to PostGIS for the past 6 months without encountering any major
issues so far, so I have not really changed the code except for a few lines
in February to handle a small bug.

Feel free to get a Windows binary I built against 1.6

http://bit.ly/cNdrSr

If you want to know how to use it, I sent an e-mail to the mailing list
earlier

http://www.mail-archive.com/gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org/msg05562.html

As far as the ESRI official SDK, AFAIK, it won't be worked on until 10 is
released (for my purposes, I couldn't wait for that, so that's why I wrote
the ArcObjects OGR driver).

Frank:

I'd be willing to create that OGR driver once the SDK is out, I just need to
have that SDK in hand :)

- Ragi