[gdal-dev] SRTM maps and altitude...

Gianni Olivieri gianni.olivieri at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 04:41:34 EDT 2010

2010/6/14 Gianni Olivieri <gianni.olivieri at gmail.com>:
> 2010/6/11 Gianni Olivieri <gianni.olivieri at gmail.com>:
>> 2010/6/11 Matt Klaric <matt at klaric.com>:
>>> While you certainly can accomplish this using GDAL, you'll need to first
>>> figure out which hgt file to open, then translate the geographic coordinate
>>> to the image coordinate to know what pixel value to lookup.
>>>
>>> An alternative solution is OSSIM (http://www.ossim.org/).  It has a
>>> command-line app called ossim-height.  You can use it as follows:
>
> thanks... I've looked to ossim... but there is a versione for linux?
> or only form mac and windows?

I've see the source, I'll try to compile.

I need this tool for a hobby/study project... I'd like to create an
image of an altitude profile of a path...

something like: http://www.heywhatsthat.com/profiler.html

but I'd like to do all myself... I've Eurasia maps from SRTM NASA
already downloaded.

I've looked to mapserver and GDAL and now OSSIM...

I'm on a right direction?

gianni.olivieri at gmail.com