AW: AW: [gdal-dev] gdalwarp and GTiff creation option NBITS

Fischer, Andreas Andreas.Fischer at kreis-unna.de
Mon Jun 14 11:06:19 EDT 2010

Hi Frank,
thanks for your hints. I could finally use tiffinfo very easily from FWTools-Shell, for I'm testing with a windows machine :-)

So here are the outputs from tiffinfo for the different files.
a) = original file

b) = original file transformed with gdalwarp
(gdalwarp -s_srs C:\Programme\FWTools2.4.6\proj_lib\25832.wkt -t_srs "+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=9 +k=1 +x_0=3500000 +y_0=0 +ellps=bessel +units=m +nadgrids=C:\Programme\FWTools2.4.6\proj_lib\BETA2007.gsb +wktext" -dstnodata 255 -srcnodata 255 -co NBITS=1 -co PROFILE=BASELINE -co TFW=YES -co INTERLEAVE=PIXEL K:\basisdaten\alk\raster\rk4dgk5\32395_5718.tif  C:\bearbeitung\alk\utm2gk\1bit\32395_5718.tif)

c) = transformed file opened with IrfanView and saved as copy

I hope these outputs will "talk to you". I will be glad to hear from you.

Thanks and best regards
Andreas

a) Original file

TIFF Directory at offset 0x62ae6 (404198)
  Image Width: 11812 Image Length: 11812
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 4
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  FillOrder: lsb-to-msb
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 5
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  Software: Handmade Software, Inc. Image Alchemy v1.13

b) File transformed with gdalwarp (gdal-file)

TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, Unknown field with tag 42113 (0xa481) encountered.
TIFF Directory at offset 0x10a8036 (17465398)
  Image Width: 11812 Image Length: 11812
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Sample Format: unsigned integer
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: palette color (RGB from colormap)
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 5
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  Color Map: (present)
  Tag 42113: 255

c) gdal-file (b) opened with IrfanView and saved as a copy without changes

TIFF Directory at offset 0x10a35bc (17446332)
  Image Width: 11812 Image Length: 11812
  Resolution: 0, 0 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 5
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  Software: IrfanView

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Im Auftrag

Andreas Fischer